Join an OUTSTANDING team and be proud of the difference you can make to the lives of others.
Our client, who provides care to elderly clients in their own homes, is renowned for the quality of their services. The company is award winning, consistently excellent and this is why they have been rated as “OUTSTANDING” by the Care Quality Commission.
They are a values led company whose mission is to the change the face of ageing. They work hard to exceed their clients’ expectations and make them feel highly valued. They stand for excellent quality care, outstanding client service and employee satisfaction. They employ people who love to care and who also have high standards.
An outstanding career opportunity has arisen for a Care Coordinator/Administrator to join the friendly, successful and compassionate team in Bromley. They are looking for a highly motivated, organised and methodical person with good customer service experience who wants to work for a care company that puts the highest quality care first.
You will be working as part of a professional team and therefore your professionalism is a critical attribute. You will also be warm, approachable and fun.
Your main responsibility will be to organise and manage the company’s rostering system, liaising with office staff, caregivers, clients and their families to ensure continuity and quality of care for all clients.
About you – key attributes and requirements Essential
- Managing the rostering system to ensure continuity of the Caregiver with the client.
- Liaising with clients, caregivers and the office team to ensure that all clients’ needs are met by the most appropriate people.
- Developing relationships with clients, caregivers and the office team.
- Accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new packages in a timely fashion.
- Processing annual leave applications.
- Reviewing timekeeping for quality and training purposes and reconciling timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Identifying opportunities to recognise important events to individual caregivers and arranging gestures of appreciation.
- Keeping computer and paper files up to date with changing information.
- Taking part in the on call rota.
- Motivation, energy and integrity: At Home Instead we really care about what we do and always go the extra mile to ensure the best outcome for our clients. The successful candidate will be motivated to do the same. Also, you will work with integrity and commitment as you strive to identify the best scheduling solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
- Personable and professional: You will spend a great deal of time communicating with clients and caregivers and it is essential that you can build relationships easily, have excellent communication skills, patience, politeness, empathy and compassion. You will need a positive attitude to work and also have genuine respect for the job the caregivers do and the importance of them to the organisation.
- Organised and a problem solver: You will be organised, methodical and have good attention to detail. You will be a self-starter with good problem-solving skills re coordination of care calls and able to work on your own initiative, sometimes under time pressure, and will be responsible for and committed to ensuring the schedules are finalised by agreed deadlines. You will have experience of prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines without compromising accuracy.
- Mobile and flexible: The candidate should have their own means of transport who lives within 30 minutes of the office in Beckenham. You will be required to take part in the on call rota and must be willing and able to deliver care to our clients if required.
- Skills: You must have excellent computer skills and a desire to learn.
This role is for care coordinator/administator and full training and ongoing support will be provided. The role may suit an experienced care coordinator, experienced administrator or person with logistics experience looking for a role in a very rewarding sector. In all cases a genuine desire to work for and contribute to a highly successful, dynamic and friendly company which is supportive of and loyal to their staff is required.
This is a full time role. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.15pm. In addition the successful candidate will be required to take part in the on call rota one weekend in four.
20 days and bank holidays
: £22,000 to £26,000 plus bonus and benefits depending on experience