Home Instead Senior Care is a well-established, award-winning independent domiciliary care company whose mission is to consistently exceed their client’s expectations through the commitment of highly trained staff that are passionate about providing uncompromised care to people in their own homes. They offer a wide range of one-to-one services tailor-made to the needs of the individual client.
The Care Coordinator/Scheduler is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Care Coordinator/Scheduler is expected to assist and support other staff members to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships.
The Care Coordinator/Schedulers role:
To organise all rota’s and staffing requirements. Ensure all staff and clients are aware of working schedules. Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members. To undertake any support or admin duties as required by the Care Manager.
- Communicate with all CAREGiver’s, clients and colleagues in a professional and respectful manner
- To be proactive and respond to all changes effectively and to log details of all changes in People Planner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with both clients and CAREGivers
- Coordinate and maintain daily and fortnightly Caregiver schedules in People Planner
- Work with CAREGivers and clients to cover any unallocated calls due to sickness or holiday whilst maintaining a quality service.
- Send and communicate all schedules to CAREGivers
- Communicate any outstanding shifts/calls to your line manager daily/weekly.
- Provide detailed up to date hand over for out of hours cover
- Participate when required in “on call” duties
- Provide up to date printouts of CAREGiver and Client schedules and CAREGiver time off and the end of each weekday for the “on call” person
- Passionate about delivering high quality customer service in the care sector
- Excellent organisational skills, able to plan juggling priorities and unplanned work and meeting deadlines in a very busy environment
- Able to stay calm under pressure; not taking things too personally
- Able to work unsupervised and using own initiative, yet realising when to raise risks and issues and ask for help from others
- Able to work as a trusted team member
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good knowledge of IT systems
- Have a Full UK Driving Licence
This is a full-time position working hours 0800 to 16.00 hours Monday to Friday. Salary £18,000 to £20,000 per annum based on experience.