An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, experienced, professional, caring and energetic Deputy Care Manager to join Home Instead in Stockport: a dynamic, ambitious and growing company. Already enjoying a reputation second to none for delivering high quality personalised care, we are looking for a Deputy Care Manager who has the same core values, ethos and passion for delivering care as we do. Someone who wants to help us further develop our successful Home Care service upon the solid foundations already in place. Home Instead deliver a very different service: All calls are a 1 hour minimum, high consistency of matched and trained caregivers for all clients, arriving on time and staying the full length of the call puts Home Instead in a unique position in the market place.
The Deputy Care Manager is expected to perform a variety of duties in the completion of service for Clients. The Deputy Care Manager is expected to assist and support the Care Manager and other staff members in order to provide the highest quality of service to clients. The Deputy Care Manager will manage two key areas of the Client Care Department: Field Care Support and Scheduling ensuring all targets are met.
The Deputy Care Manager
will be responsible for:
- Field Care Support
- To support and manage the Field Care Services ensuring that all Quality Assurance (QA) visits and Service Reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner and that care plans are reviewed in line with CQC requirements. To ensure that CAREGivers are briefed about updated care plans and that all Clients are in possession of an up to date care plan.
- To ensure that our service is Safe, Caring, Effective and that we are Responsive and Organised to meet the continually changing needs of our Clients.
- To oversee the auditing and filing of the Client Activity Log’s (CAL’s) and Medication Administration Record (MAR) Sheets to ensure safe delivery of care and support. To feedback to relevant departments to ensure that Clients or CAREGivers training requirements are being met.
- To monitor and understand comments and concerns raised through the daily tasks, touch points and communications with Clients needs and/or CAREGivers.
- To maintain accurate Client and CAREGiver records on Electronic System ensuring all follow-ups are arranged and completed. To ensure that all CAL’s and MAR Sheets are archived appropriately and that all Client documents are filed.
- To keep Care Manager up to date with all relevant findings. To oversee medication queries, following up on delegated tasks and reporting the outcomes to the Care Manager.
- To have an awareness of the Scheduling Department enabling you to be able to provide support to this department as and when required which will include a knowledge of CAREGiver daily schedules, and the ability to cover sickness and holidays. Deploying CAREGivers with Clients in an effective way that meets both Client, CAREGiver and business needs.
- Respond in a timely manner to Client requirements for new service and/or changes in service or schedule. Respond positively to CAREGiver changes required by QA’s or Service Review’s.
- Provide essential support to coordinate and maintain weekly/monthly recurring Client & CAREGiver schedules in roster system ensuring all calls are “templated”.
- Ensure CAREGivers have the hours they require. Manage CAREGiver mileage and travel expenses. Keep CAREGivers local to their homes and ensure that Travel Mileage and National Insurance targets are met against National benchmarks.
- Ensure that both Clients and CAREGivers have high consistency in their rota’s. Ensure that ALL CAREGivers are introduced to Clients they have not supported previously and that they are briefed fully about the care plan and the support required.
- Communicate effectively with CAREGivers about changes to existing or new services and Clients and their families about changes to current or new care requirements.
- Support with the management of Weekend Supervision and coordinate & manage the “out of hours” process, preparing handover as necessary. Ensure phone and Client/CAREGiver data is up to date and staff are aware of CAREGiver availability to cover shifts.
- To deputise for and take charge of Client Care Services in the absence of the Care Manager.
- To support the Care Manager in ensuring all CQC standards and accreditations are met.
- Provide a key administrative support function to the Care Manager and support the Field Care and Scheduling Team’s as required.
- To manage or support all care matters that arise including safeguarding and medications issues.
- Provide support and guidance to CAREGivers where appropriate, including shadowing, support visits, observations and spot checks to improve the care we deliver.
- Liaising with the Care Manager to ensure all franchise standards are met, e.g. introductions, support visits, QA’s and Reviews of Service.
- The direct supervision of the Field Care and Scheduling Teams, ensuring that objectives are set in line with Department and Business objectives and monitoring progress against objectives.
- To undertake/facilitate reviews of Client’s needs/requirements in accordance with guidelines.
- To understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field.
- To provide weekly statistics from Field Care and Scheduling tasks to Care Manager and ensure targets are being met.
- New Client Service
- Taking effective enquiries, arranging and completing care consultations and developing person centred care packages.
- Be responsible for all follow ups including all signed paperwork, effective care plan, journal and profile, CAREGiver match, briefing and service cover, introductions and Client/Family communication.
- Liaise closely with the Care Manager and Client Services Department to match CAREGivers to Clients, ensuring new packages can be immediately accommodated and ensure service needs are met.
- Uphold brand values in service delivery.
- Participate in delivery of training and support of CAREGivers, including the CAREGiver Induction.
- Participate in Daily Huddles and monthly team meetings, help deliver CAREGiver meetings and contribute to the CAREGiver and/or Client Newsletter.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times for all Home Instead information: Client, CAREGiver & office data.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Understand and work within regulator legislation, standards and regulations.
- Keep full and accurate records in accordance with legal requirements.
- Liaise with other health professionals as appropriate.
- Manage and take on-call duties as part of a team on a rota basis, ensuring all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent. Recording all emergency calls and passing the information to appropriate parties.
- Be available to all emergencies.
The Deputy Care Manager will report to the Care Manager and attend regular meetings with the Care Manager to feed back about weekly activities. The Deputy Care Manager should already have or be willing to work towards a Level 4 or 5 qualification in Health and Social Care. Due to the nature of this role it is essential that the Deputy Care Manager holds a driving licence and have their own vehicle.The Deputy Care Manager will attend a monthly ‘Management’ meeting with the Head of Client Care, Head of CAREGiver Experience to discuss business performance and growth. The Deputy Care Manager will lead by example, set standards for professionalism and ensure the Company ethos and culture are maintained at all times.
Key Metrics, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- To build relationships with all relevant health & social care professionals.
- Must have an understanding of and uphold all policies and procedures established by Home Instead Senior Care UK and Manchester & Stockport Senior Care Services Limited, an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively. To understand when to speak and when to listen.
- Must have the ability to work independently, using initiative and have a common sense approach to overcoming challenges and problem solving. To maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills is essential as well as sound judgement and good decision-making.
- Must be able to demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritise daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly workload, targets, goals and achievements. To be able to plan to achieve your objectives and meet the business objectives short, medium and long term.
- Must be able to establish good working relationships with office colleagues, the owners, the Senior Managers, Clients, CAREGivers and the community at large.
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanour at all times.
- Must posses the practical skills and ability to work in a busy office, operate a variety of office
- equipment, working with a moderate level of technology and innovative working practices conducive with a modern working environment.
- Must have a high level of computer skills, being proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to deliver an effective talk or workshop to a broad-based audience, engaging with people, delivering the key messages and increasing brand awareness.
Salary From £24k subject to skills and experience.
Hours/Contract Fulltime, 37½ hours per week/Permanent
Flexibility Required to work flexibly to meet the business needs, cover occasional evening & weekend service, events and the general requirements of a 24/7 care service.
Working Pattern Working an occasional 6 day week on a rota basis with one day off in the week.
On-Call Covering the “out of hours” on-call rota system both supporting other team members and providing direct support one evening per week on a rota bas
Probation 6 month probation period
Pension Auto Enrolment in People’s Pension
Expenses All reasonable out of pocket expenses and mileage at 45p per mile
Mobile Phone Included